Monday, October 16, 7:00 PM – Fiscal & Economics September Meeting – Zoom (CT)
NWSOFA-Indivisible’s Fiscal and Economic September meeting
Monday, October 16th at 7 pm.
The Zoom room will open by 6:50 pm. Come join us, catch up on this year’s economic news and share your thoughts.
Good news continues in recent economic data – it looks like we are heading for a soft landing:
– the debt ceiling increased until 2025, but credit rating lowered because we came close to not raising it
– nonfarm payrolls increased by 336,000 in September
– the unemployment rate was 3.8% in September
– The twelve month CPI has declined from 9.1% last June (2022) to 3.6% in August 2023.
– Twelve month PCE inflation was at 3.5% in August 2023
– First quarter Real GDP growth was revised up to 2.0%. Third estimate of second quarter real GDP remained at 2.1%
Come discuss the current state of the US economy.
Bottom line is that the data through September show a slowly growing economy that is still strong.