ZOOM Monday Night, October 16th @ 7:00 PM
Fiscal & Economics October – Jobs, debt & Inflation – Mon 7 pm
Come join us, catch up on this year’s economic news and share your thoughts.
Mostly good news in recent economic data – it looks like we are heading for a soft landing:
– the debt ceiling increased until 2025, but credit rating lowered because we came close to not raising it
– nonfarm payrolls increased by 336,000 in September
– the unemployment rate was 3.8% in September
– The twelve month CPI has declined from 9.1% last June (2022) to 3.6% in August 2023. Twelve month PCE inflation was at 3.5% in August 2023
– First quarter Real GDP growth was revised up to 2.0%. Third estimate of second quarter real GDP remained at 2.1%
David and Karl will be updating the fiscal and economic data over the next two weeks. Come discuss the current state of the US economy.
Bottom line is that the data through August show a slowly growing economy that is still strong. Potential headwinds include a future government shutdown, a UAW strike, and the resumption of student loan payments.
On Monday, October 16th, David and Karl will try to explain what this all means.