September 18 – Monday @7 Fiscal & Economics September Meeting
The NWSOFA Fiscal and Economic Issues group will meet on Monday, September 18th at 7 pm.
The Zoom room will open by 6:50 pm. Come join us, catch up on this year’s economic news and share your thoughts.
Good news in recent economic data – it looks like we are heading for a soft landing:
– the debt ceiling increased until 2025
– nonfarm payrolls increased by 187,000 in August
– the unemployment rate was 3.8% in August, but it increased because more people entered the labor force
– The twelve month CPI has declined from 9.1% last June (2022) to 3.3% in July 2023. Twelve month PCE inflation was at 3.3% in July 2023
– First quarter Real GDP growth was revised up to 2.0%. Initial estimate of second quarter real GDP was revised down to 2.1%
David and Karl will be updating the fiscal and economic data. Come discuss the current state of the US economy.
Join State Rep Mark Walker for Discussion on IL Fiscal Issues
IL State Representative Mark Walker will speak about what is happening in Illinois.
Bottom line is that the data through August show a slowly growing economy that is still strong.
On Monday, September 18th, David and Karl will try to explain what this all means.
Click on the large Blue Button to RSVP for the meeting .. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.