“Come learn about the current state of the US economy.”
The NWSOFA Fiscal and Economic Issues group will meet via Zoom Monday Night, May 15th 7 pm.
Good news in recent economic data – it looks like we are heading for a soft landing absent Republican sabotage with the debt ceiling:
– nonfarm payrolls increased by 253,000 in April, lower than in prior months but still positive
– the unemployment rate declined to 3.4% in April, the lowest rate since the 1960’s
– The twelve month CPI has declined from 9.1% last June to 4.9% in April.
– Twelve month PCE inflation was 4.2% in March
– Real GDP growth is still positive, but slowed to 1.1% in the first quarter of 2023
The big danger is the pending debt ceiling, which could crash the economy.
David and Karl will be updating the fiscal and economic data and will present it on May 15th. Come discuss the current state of the US economy.
Bottom line is that the data through April showed a slowing economy that was still strong.
David and Karl will try to explain what this all means.
Karl says, “David and I are looking forward to Monday’s virtual meeting, at 7 pm. RSVP by clicking the big Blue button Below to get the ZOOM link to the meeting”
Videos of past meetings, including the February meeting, can be found at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiw8EhKA-e2l3_gM9FVYX2g
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Karl Faulstich 773-991-6587